Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Clumsy

I'm clumsy. I admit it. I trip. I fall. I run into stationary objects. I drop things. Things fall out of my hands. Last night, as I was getting ice in a cup, I managed to pull the cup away while ice was still coming out. Oops. Once, after dropping something, my husband asked, "How is it that you're so precise and exact when you're scrapbooking or making flowers, but you're so clumsy with other things? It doesn't make sense!" I know, I know. You're thinking, "But Joan, you've got it so together. I don't believe you." (HA!) I am admitting it now -- I am super clumsy.

When Chris and I got married and we decided that the bridesmaids and I would enter from this winding staircase, my first thought was, "Shoot. I'm totally going to eat it down this staircase."  This is a shot of Chris and I during the grand entrance. I'm looking down the whole time hoping I don't fall or trip on my skirt and how embarrassing it would be to tumble down a winding set of stairs in a white dress in front of 220 people.  I was even wearing flats since you couldn't really see them under my dress and...well, I didn't want to fall. My bridesmaids had to do the staircase in heels AND with no one to hold on to.  They're amazing...and they're also not clumsy.



When I first found out I was pregnant, I had just purchased these Lucky Brand wedges. I am a teacher so comfort is key when you literally sit for about an hour out of your entire workday and part of that is the 15 minutes you sit and scarf down your lunch and right after school when your feet feel like they're about to fall off. Lightweight and much more stable than any spindly heel, these shoes pretty much go with everything.


When I was about 4 months pregnant, I wore these to a Father's Day lunch for Chris and my brother, Frank. They were the first time I really wore them when I was pregnant.  Chris found a parking spot on the same block as the restaurant and in the 300 yards from the car to the restaurant, I managed to trip....three times.  That's one trip for every 100 yards!  I was wearing the most unclumsy type of high heeled shoe, yet I managed to be clumsy in them. My bad ankle from the trampoline accident of 2011 (also another demonstration of clumsiness) only makes matters worse.

All this to say, I really wish I could wear these - 

 {1}  {2}  {3}  {4}


And I can't even wrap my mind around these -


Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. i guess clumsiness runs in the fam. I walk into doors all the time. I love the edelmans! on sale too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your style!
    In the year of 2017. People around me suddenly begin to hang out with light pink long sleeve dress.I'm feeling curious and suspicion at the moment:"Is this a thing now?"And here's my thoughts after research and the dress that I bought.

    ReplyDelete