Since the last time I blogged, a lot has happened. Here's a quick recap!
1. I broke my foot. And in a stupid way too. I broke my foot trampolining at a trampolining place where hundreds of children trampoline for hours and come out unscathed. I broke my foot within the first 30 minutes. I don't have a photo of this, but I don't recommend ever breaking your foot, especially not your driving foot. I was house bound for 6 weeks and only got to leave the house when some poor kind soul was able to take me. It was hard to go down the stairs. It was hard to take a shower. It was just plain hard. Try not to do this to yourself.
2. My husband and I took a month long trip to Japan, Taiwan and Thailand. So.much.fun. I definitely recommend this. We did it in the right order too. As our trip progressed, everything seemed to get cheaper and cheaper.
Yes, that is a Mickey-shaped churro! We had to take one of our days in Japan to go to Tokyo Disney.
Okay, please excuse us because remember it was like 100 degrees and 100% humidity so we feel pretty miserable in our photos, but this is us in the middle of the street in Ginza.
Asia loves Mr. Donut. We saw Mr. Donuts in Japan, Taiwan and Thailand. This bear was almost too cute to eat...almost.
After 14 hours of sightseeing in Thailand, we ended up the night with some "moo ping." Okay, not really. Moo ping is street food - pork skewers at 5 baht a piece. This crispy pork is a super expensive dish, but Chris kept calling it moo ping by accident.
No trip to Thailand would be complete without an elephant ride. We saw this elephant pee. It was quite a sight.
3. We went to New York with one of our friends. Here are a few highlights.
From top to bottom, left to right: Lauderee's delicious macarons flown in from Paris DAILY, Yankees vs. Mets at Citifield in the rain, a famous pastrami at Katz Deli where Harry met Sally and a view of Manhattan from Brooklyn Promenade. Note - also 100 degrees with a 100% humidity.
4. We went to Hawaii - our last flying trip for the next year or so.
From top to bottom, left to right: At our favorite beach in Lanikai, sunbathing honus and dolphin watching while eating brunch.
5. And the biggest event of the year for Chris and I is this little guy!
And I hope I updated you on some of the big events of our year. More to come!